The new Watch Series 8, Watch SE, and the much-awaited Apple Watch Ultra were among the first announcements made by Apple at the Far Out event.
Apple Watch Ultra
Given its prominence during the presentation, the new Apple Watch Ultra (formerly known as the Pro) is a major deal in terms of both size and significance. See everything Apple’s brand-new smartwatch category has to offer.
Specifications of Watch Ultra
- 49mm case encompassing the Wayfinder display with 2,000 nits of brightness for the display
- Flat sapphire crystal display cover with titanium case
- Extra speaker producing up to 86-decibel siren for emergencies on the left side
- Action button on the left side in high-contrast international orange, customized for instant access to Workouts, Compass Wayponts or Backtrack
- Home button and digital crown are located on the right side
- Three microphones for a better phonecall
- Battery life : up to 36 hours of normal use and up to 60 hours ultra-low-power power mode
- Temperature differences go down to -20° C and as high as 55° C.
- MIL-STD-810H compliant: Low Pressure (Altitude), High Temperature, Low Temperature, Temperature Shock, Contamination by Fluids, Rain, Humidity, Immersion,n, Sand, and Dust,
- WR100 and EN 13319 certified for kitesurfing, wakeboarding, and diving
- Depth app shows time, depth, water temperature, duration underwater, and the maximum depth reached with a built-in depth gauge
- Band variants: Trail Loop, Alpine Loop, and Ocean Band
- Supports GPS and Cellular connectivity
Apple Watch Series 8
Apple launched the Watch Series 8 in addition. Physically, it resembles the Series 7 rather closely, although it comes with many upgrades.
Specifications of Watch Series 8
- Houses the new S8 chip
- The temperature sensor scans skin temperature every five seconds and will help with Ovulation predictions and cycle deviation tracking.
- Crash detection: 4 times faster with a 3-axis gyro sensor and a new High G-force accelerometer; when detecting a crash, it will automatically notify the emergency services and emergency contacts
- Battery life: 18 hours with normal use and 36 hours with optional low-power mode
- Color Varients: Lunar, Astronomy, Metropolitan, and Modular
- Case materal : 100% recycled aluminum, with three stainless steel models
Apple Watch SE
Although the temperature sensor is gone from the new Apple Watch SE, it still has the same S8 processor as the more costly Series 8 and Watch Ultra models and supports improved crash detection. The Watch SE sports a new, redesigned plastic back and a casing made entirely of recyclable aluminum.
Price and Availability:
The Apple watches have a very impressive price range.
- Watch Ultra is priced at $799, it starts sales today and will start shipping on 23rd September.
- Watch Series 8 is priced at $399 for the GPS-only model and $499 for a GPS + Cellular model, the shipping will start on the 16th of September
- Watch SE is priced at $249 for the GPS-only model and $299 for the GPS + Cellular model, with shipping starting on 16th September.
via: GSMArena.com news
Also, Read: Apple’s latest iPhone 14 series is out now!