As on schedule, Google is here with its monthly update, January 2022. Starting today, the update is available on all Pixel devices which currently runs on the Android 12 OS. Owing to the delay in last month’s update on the Pixel 6 series, the January 2022 update will come sometime later in the month.
The rollout will take place in phases over the next week, depending on the carrier and device. Once the OTA is available for their device, users will receive a notification. Users are also advised to update to the latest Android version.
Software versions of the January 2022 update
- Pixel 3a (XL): SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 4 (XL): SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 4a: SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 4a (5G): SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 5: SQ1A.220105.002
- Pixel 5a (5G): SQ1A.220105.002
The January 2022 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for some notable improvements.
- Fix for issue causing screen to unlock after missed call when no screen lock is set *.
Network & Telephony
- General fixes & improvements for network
- Fix for issue preventing emergency calls in certain conditions while some third-party apps are installed *.
- Fix for issue preventing Pixel Stand setup to start after updating apps in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing incorrect data usage accounting in Network menu on some networks *.
- Fix for issue causing a black frame to appear when dismissing the Assistant overlay on the lock screen
- Fix for issue causing memory leak in system UI under certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing navigation bar to be hidden when switching device orientation in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing PIP window to render incorrectly for certain apps *.
- Fix for issue causing Wi-Fi network to drop connection in certain conditions *
via – Google Pixel Community