Oppo has been designing a foldable handset for the last four years. Now after a much wait and six iterations later the company is finally revealing its Oppo Find N with some very unique design and features that makes it truly one of its kind.
In comparison to other foldable handsets Oppo went with a very reasonable aspect ratio with the other being 18:9 and the inner 8.4:9. What this has done is enabled smoother operation usability of apps.
The device uses the new Flexion Hing which has 136 separate components which all work in unison to perform two important tasks. First, fold the display with a teardrop shape at the fold, making the crease 80% less noticeable. Second, eliminating the wedge-shaped gap between the two halves when the phone is folded which makes for a more uniform and connected look.
This new thing technique also brings up a very important advantage the FlexForm Mode. What this mode means is that the handset half can be held at any angle between 50º and 120º allowing for a variety of uses.
The screen is also special on its own with a custom Serene Display with 12-layers and using Flexion Ultra-Thin Glass. All this makes the handset screen thinner and flexible enough to have no creases even after 200,000 foldings.
The company has also introduced new touch gestures for the device. A two-finger swipe down that splits the screen and a four-finger pinch turns a full-screen app into a floating window. Also, the transition between using an app on the outer screen and moving to the inner screen or vice versa is made as seamless as possible.
Specification of Oppo Find N:
- 5.49” outer display LTPO AMOLED with 1,972 x 988 px resolution and 60 Hz refresh rate
- 7.1” inner screen with 1,792 x 1,920 px resolution, 1 Hz -120 Hz refresh rate, and touch sampling rate up to 1,000 Hz
- Both the display has a peak brightness of 1,000 nits
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset
- 8GB / 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 256 GB / 512 GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Triple Rear Camera setup – 50 MP (wide camera) + 16 MP (ultra-wide camera) + 13 MP (telephoto camera)
- Dual Front Camera setup – 16 MP selfie shooter one on each screen
- 4,500 mAh battery capacity with 33W SuperVOOC fast wired charging via Type-C, 15W AirVOOC wireless charging, and 10W reverse charging
- Color Variants – Black with matt glass, White with glossy glass, and Purple with transparent layers
Price and Availability:
The Oppo Find N will start sales on December 23rd in China. Further news suggests that Oppo won’t be launching the Find N in the global market.
The Oppo Find N will be available in two memory variants:
- The 8GB+256GB variant priced at RMB7,699($1,200/€1070)
- The 12GB+512GB variant priced at RMB8,999 ($1,410/€1240)
All things considered, the pricing seems reasonable for the number of features the device is expected to provide. Any further information on the handset will be provided in the coming days.
Also, Read: Honor X30: Official images out now!