Finally, after many rumors and leaks, Microsoft is here with its second generation of the foldable device, the Surface Duo 2. This device is in all aspects an up-gradation to the Surface Duo 1 which was launched last year.
Specification of Surface Duo 2
- Dual ultra-thin 5.8″ AMOLED PixelSense displays connected by 360° hinge
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 of internal storage
- Rear Triple camera setup – 12MP (Main camera) + 12MP (Telephoto lens) + 16MP (Ultra-wide lens, 110o FOV)
- Front Camera – 12MP (Optimized with AI for front and rear)
- 4,449mAh Battery with 18W Fast Charging
- Side-mounted fingerprint reader
- Stereo speaker
- Dual mic with noise suppression and echo cancellation
- Support for – Surface Slim Pen, Surface Pen, and Surface Hub 2 Pen
- Connections – 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- Android 11 OS
- Color – Glacier, Obsidian
In addition, each of the 5.8″ Displays has a refresh rate of 90Hz and is slightly curved down the middle. This allows a small section of the display to be exposed down the spine with the device is close. Microsoft calls this the “Glance Bar” and is used to show notifications.
Price and Availability
The Surface Duo 2 is coming in three memory variants –
- 128GB which is priced at $1,499.99
- 256GB which is priced at $1,599.99
- 512GB which is priced at $1,799.99
The device is currently available for pre-orders and is expected to ship on the 21st of October in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, and Japan.
via - Windows Central
Also, Read – Oppo A55 4G: Key specs and renders leaked!