Today in the Samsung’s Galaxy unpacked 2012 event we saw the launch of Galaxy Buds2. The event provides us with the first official look at the buds. It is by far the lightest TWS earphones with AVC to date.
Specification of Galaxy Buds2:
- Works with RTOS.
- Speaker – Dynamic 2 Way: Woofer & Tweeter.
- Is expected to provide clear high notes and deep lows.
- Microphones – 3 Microphones + Voice Pickup Unit (VPU)
- The tripel mics system is responsible for the active noise cancellation.
- The VPU filters out the user’s voice from the external noise providing a great call quality.
- Active Noise Cancellation (AVC) – Claimed to block up to 98% of noise.
- Comes along with machine learning-based solutions with helps it block external sounds.
- Bluetooth – 5.2 connectivity.
- Compatibility – Android and PC Buds Manager.
- A Galaxy Wearable app is available for PC users for noise control and the equalizer of the buds.
- Weight – 5.0 grams per bud with the case adding 41.2 grams.
- 472 mAh battery (each bud has a 61 mAh battery) through Type-C USB port.
- Bud Color variants – Graphite, White, Oliver Green, and Lavender.
Samsung also provides the Galaxy Wearable fit test along with the companion app, to help with picking the right size rubber tips for an optimal sound experience. The buds also have an Auto Switch solution to access seamless switches between various Galaxy devices.
Price and Availability:
The Galaxy Buds2 will arrive in Europe on August 27, priced at €149. It will available in the UK priced at £139, in the US priced at $150, and in Russia it’s priced at RUB11,000.
Samsung will provide a variety of “playful third-party cases” ranging from The Simpsons, Star Wars, and even the new Galaxy Z Flip3 smartphone.