Oneplus is gearing up for the launch of its upcoming flagship, the OnePlus Nord 2. And contrary to the rumors, the handset will be powered by a custom Dimensity 1200-AI chipset. This comes as an official teaser on the landing page for the OnePlus Nord 2.
For this custom chipset, OnePlus joined MediaTek’s Dimensity 5G Open Resource Architecture initiative, allowing the company to create a modified version of the Dimensity 1200 processor for the OnePlus Nord 2.
As the name suggests, the Dimensity 1200-AI chipset has enhanced AI hardware which will be utilized to boost photos, display quality, and gaming response times. Thanks to the chipset, the handset will include AI Photo Enhancement mode, AI Video Enhancement mode, special support for DOL-HDR (“Digital OverLap”) as well as Smart Ambient Display for smarter automatic brightness.
With the launch just around the corner, here are some of the speculated features of the OnePlus Nord 2:
- 6.43” FHD+ AMOLED Dot-Display with 90Hz refresh rate
- MediaTek’s Dimensity 1200-AI chipset
- Rear Triple Camera setup – 50MP (Main camera, Sony IMX766) + 8MP (Ultra wide-angle camera) + 2MP (B&W sensor)
- Front Camera – 32MP selfie shooter
- 4,500 mAh battery with fast charging (power TBD)
- Side-Mounted Fingerprint reader
- 5G connectivity
- Android 11 OS
The handset is launching on the 22nd of July, so we will soon know what this handset will entail.
via - GSMArena