In anticipation of a bigger upcoming update, Microsoft is now pushing out the KB4023057 update for Windows 10 that will make the next rollout as smooth as possible. Here’s the changelog –
- This update may request your device to stay awake longer to enable the installation of updates.
- This update may try to reset network settings if problems are detected, and it will clean up registry keys that may be preventing updates from being installed successfully.
- This update may repair disabled or corrupted Windows operating system components that determine the applicability of updates to your version of Windows 10.
- This update may compress files in your user profile directory to help free up enough disk space to install important updates.
- This update may reset the Windows Update database to repair the problems that could prevent updates from installing successfully. Therefore, you may see that your Windows Update history was cleared.
This update will fix any problem that has occurred previously and make its way for the upcoming 20H1 update. It is rumored to come around February end or March 2021.
The KB4023057 update is a mandatory one with no issues. It is being gradually rolled out. Go to Windows Settings and check for updates if you have not already gotten it.