Here’s the Changelog
- You can add different backgrounds for individual chats by clicking on the person’s name, or for all chats by going to Settings > Appearance > Chat wallpaper. You can choose between several solid and gradient colors and even select photos taken from your smartphone.
- You can now add custom “About Me” text to your profile, selecting an emoji and typing a short blurb which can also act as a status message.
- The app is now getting animated stickers, with its first pack, “Day to Day”, already available. You can make your own stickers to share with friends using the desktop app.
- Low-data mode for calls lowers the amount of data that calls use up, which may be ideal for those on limited data plans.
- You now have the ability to have up to eight people on a call, up from five before.
- You can select your download preferences to let the app know when to automatically download media files.
- You now have the ability to share a group invite link that lets others join their group chat.
These features are already available on other messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram, but it’s a nice thing that we have these improvements on Signal as well.
You can download Signal on iOS and Android by clicking on the buttons below.
You might also like
More from Apps
Vivaldi has released a major update for its eponymous web browser for privacy-minded power users. Version 4.0 brings with it …
Livestreaming platform Twitch announced that it will soon support dynamic animated emotes ahead of its 10 year anniversary. Creators can …