Here’s the Changelog
- You can add different backgrounds for individual chats by clicking on the person’s name, or for all chats by going to Settings > Appearance > Chat wallpaper. You can choose between several solid and gradient colors and even select photos taken from your smartphone.
- You can now add custom “About Me” text to your profile, selecting an emoji and typing a short blurb which can also act as a status message.
- The app is now getting animated stickers, with its first pack, “Day to Day”, already available. You can make your own stickers to share with friends using the desktop app.
- Low-data mode for calls lowers the amount of data that calls use up, which may be ideal for those on limited data plans.
- You now have the ability to have up to eight people on a call, up from five before.
- You can select your download preferences to let the app know when to automatically download media files.
- You now have the ability to share a group invite link that lets others join their group chat.
These features are already available on other messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram, but it’s a nice thing that we have these improvements on Signal as well.
You can download Signal on iOS and Android by clicking on the buttons below.
[appbox appstore id874139669]
[appbox googleplay id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms]