The Sony Xperia 5 II has been quite the talk for the past months and now its finally here. The company officially unveiled the handset in a press release and here’s everything you need to know!
Let’s take a look at some of the speculated features of the handset:
- 6.1″ FHD+ HDR OLED 120Hz display with 21:9 aspect ratio and 240 Hz touch sampling rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset
- 8GB of RAM
- 128GB of internal storage with MicroSD for external storage
- Rear Triple camera – 12MP (main, 82° FOV) + 12MP (ultrawide, 124° FOV) + 12MP (telephoto lens, 3x optical zoom)
- 4,000mAh battery with USB-C PD for fast charging
- Side-mounted fingerprint reader
- 5G connectivity
- Water-resistance IP65/68
- ANdroid 10 OS
- Color – Black, Grey, Blue
With this new handset, Sony has heavily emphasized on the camera and gaming qualities. The Triple 12MP camera setup in this device is equipped with Award-winning camera technologies like the Real-time Eye AF, continuous Autofocus that performs AF / AE calculations at 60 times per second and up to 20 fps burst shooting. This camera setup in the smartohone is also the World’s first to be able to record 4K HDR 120fps slow-motion movie and play back upto 5x slow-motion when recorded at 24fps. All of this contributing to the cinematic expression of the handset.
Meanwhile, the 120Hz Refresh rate along with the poweful Snapdragon™ 865 chipset and high capacity 4,000mAh battery with fast charging makes it the optimal device for Gaming.
The handset will be avaible for pre-orderds in the US starting on 29th September. But the actucal shipping of the device wont start until the 4th of December. The handset will cost $950. In addition, if you manage to pre-order it before the 29th of November, you will recieve a gaming bundle worth $400 along with the handset. This will include a 10,000mAh power bank and 21,600 Call of Duty Mobile Points at direct.sony.com/xperia or other participating Sony authorized retailers.
Check out the press note for the Sony Xperia 5 II here!