Google rolled out Android 11 Beta 2 today. This release moves us closer to the consumer launch by introducing “final system behaviors” and “platform stability” for app developers later this quarter.
Stability of the platform ensures developers will start working on their final Android 11 compatibility changes without having to think about modifying the code between now and the final version. The company has plans for another beta update next month, which it expects to be a preview candidate build, ahead of Android 11 ‘s final roll-out, according to Google’s latest development schedule for Android 11. This final release could be coming up on September 8th, according to a recent Google presentation.
Using the Android Beta Program, the following devices are eligible:
- Pixel 4 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 2 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 2: Factory Image — OTA
Android 11 Beta 2 (RPB2.200611.009) system images for Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL, and Android Emulator are available.