Google just released a new beta-update of Android 11 as Version 1.5. The build address a few bugs that were causing problem in the first beta since last week.
Google calls this a “minor Android 11 Beta 1 update” that addresses two categories of the following problems:
- Devices no longer crash (reboot) while using gesture navigation to switch apps in different orientations while rotating the device at the same time.
- On Pixel 3 and 3a, users setting up devices after reset can now activate a pSim service if the phone is currently using an eSIM service.
- Fixed issues that users were having when using contactless payments through Google Pay.
- The system no longer incorrectly enforces the Bluetooth privileged permission for RemoveBond. This resolves issues that could affect pairing, unpairing, and bond reset flows for Bluetooth devices, such as for Forget Watch on Wear OS device.
Known issues: Android Auto
- Users might experience an issue during Android Auto projection with audio routing. When a user is connected with Android Auto in the vehicle and playing music or using navigation, the audio may be played on the phone’s speaker instead of the vehicle speakers. We have fixed this issue internally and it will be available to you in the Android Auto release 5.4 update this month.
- Users may experience issues with Android Auto projection not starting after plugging in for the first time. We are investigating this issue.Note: Some issues may be resolved by updating the Android Auto, Google Play Services and the Google app to the latest release from the Google Play Store and then rebooting the device.
People already running the Android 11 beta will see the update that will soon be available on their smartphones. Updates all tend to share the build number RPB1.200504.020. You can quickly opt-in and get an OTA on your Pixel in no time if you are not in the Beta program and you were waiting for these unique issues to be resolved.
You might also like
More from Android
People used to get confused about decision-making between iOS and Android to build business apps. Even though having similarities architecturally, …
OnePlus has now officially announced OnePlus 8T. The handset features, with 65W fast charging and a 120Hz display. Alongside the …