Sony Mobile launched the newest mid-range smartphone, Xperia 8. The company also retains a strong presence in its home market in Japan amid the brand’s lack of popularity in global markets. It has a 6-inch Full HD+ 21:9 Wide Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
The phone has a fingerprint sensor on the right, has a waterproof (IPX5 / 8) and dust proof (IP6X) body, glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, comes with Sony’s High-Resolution Audio with and LDAC technology and packs a 2760mAh battery.
Sony Xperia 8 specifications
- 6-inch (2560 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 21:9 aspect ratio wide LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8), dust proof (IP6X)
- Dimensions: 158 x 69 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2760mAh battery with fast charging
It’s set to go on sale in Japan at the end of October for a price of JPY 54,000, which converts to roughly $505 / £410 / AU$750, although there’s no news on the handset launching outside Japan – if that changes we’ll let you know.
You might also like
More from Sony
Sony's Mirrorless cameras are pretty amazing. The Alpha series from Sony is the most popular Mirrorless Camera. However, every camera …