At the Qualcomm Snapdragon Summit 2018, Pete Lau, OnePlus’ CEO, announced that the company’s next mobile phone will feature the Snapdragon 855. Pete didn’t announce the name but we can safely assume that it is going to be the OnePlus 7. The device will be the first mobile 5G device in Europe.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 is made for the 5G future and most of the 2019 flagship phones will have it. This chip is super powerful as compared the Snapdragon 845. Some of its key features are –
- 45% CPU performance increase (their highest increase EVER!) over Snapdragon 845.
- 20% Adreno GPU performance increase (with support for Vulkan Graphics API 1.1)
- Many improvements made to AI
- Adreno 640 GPU on the Snapdragon 855. Custom designed by Qualcomm. Supports Vulcan 1.1
- Brings a Prime Core. Single high-performance core, 2 clusters of 3 X cores mid-performance and efficient cores
- World’s first computer vision ISP embedded in the Spectra ISP. Brings a speed boost and power enhancements. 4K HDR video with portrait mode.
- Fully accelerated support for encoding and decoding HEIF files. Can store depth maps, RAW data, video and more. Multiple focal lengths in a single shot, file. A lot more versatile than JPEG
- Massive focus on gaming with the Snapdragon 855 platform. HDR rendering and display with 10bit Color depth, Rec 2020 Color Gamut.
- AptX Adaptive and True Wireless Stereo Plus, Aqstic Speaker Amp. Hardware accelerated h.265 and VP9 support – this should significantly improve battery life
— Pete Lau (@petelau2007) December 5, 2018
We’ll see a lot of Snapdragon 855 equipped 5G phones in 2019. Keep following us for more updates.
You might also like
More from News
While the entire world is shut indoors, and production is at an all-time standstill, there is an immense need for …
Electric carmaker Tesla is planning to introduce, 'million-mile' battery this year or the next. As per the reposts given by …