Losing your important files can be devastating right? Behold, before you move on to an expert and pay them, let me tell you about an interesting software. This software brings back the joy in your life just by rescuing your file after a terrible data loss. Since you already gone through the post title, you know of what I’m talking about. It’s AOMEI Backupper. Its free too!
This software, as its name suggests, creates a backup of what file you want, restores them, if you lose the original file copies, albeit, for latest file version, you have an up-to-date backup ready. This all-in-one product gives you several options for backing up your system. These options include the following:
- System Backup: it is a process of backing up your entire Windows partition, just in case it gets corrupted, you may revive it back from the dead again with the restoration process.
- Disk Backup: Process of backing up a selected HDD, CD, DVD, into an image.
- Partition Backup: It backs up the entire partition of your choice and saves them as an image file.
- File Backup: Backs up your files and folders to the desired location.
- File Sync: Uses Real-Time Sync process to create a backup of files, doesn’t make an image.
and many other. I will be discussing others depending on the versions I use in the further post.
AOMEI Backupper: a file rescue system when anything bad happens.
A backup is an important process of managing a copy of your files on another storage space, just in case, something bad happens to the original copies. It is very much a critical operation in the data world. Even Facebooks takes a backup every time before something happens to one of their data servers, but they got a huge storage space, unlike us.
But for us, it is quite impossible to take such a large backup at once, since we have very less data space than Facebook, albeit, you may have a home server, residing somewhere around your house.
And, we do need our data, so we create a backup. You can always see that Windows creates a restore point before you install a software, just in case, something happens between installation, the OS is restored to the last restore point. But relying on the OS will not help this much. Anything can happen between two restore points. So it is better to back up the data frequently. Now the question arises, that which software to use. Well, this post is for the same only.
AOMEI Backupper comes with several tools other than I mentioned above.
This is the welcome screen of the AOMEI Backupper. The welcome screen presents us with 4 options on the left.
Now here the things get interesting. The Backup panel provides us with the options I mentioned above in the post.
- System Backup: System Backup allows you to backup your entire System drive: C, Recovery, and EFI drive. These drives are essential and most critical drives for a System. Backing them up will help you restore your system back to its original state before backup. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional space for the System Backup on any of my drive. So, I can’t really test the speed of backing up the System Drives.
- Disk Backup: Backup all kinds of hard drives, such as an internal disk, external disk, USB flash drive, SD card, the hard drive on NAS, and other storage devices that can be recognized by Windows.
- Partition/Volume Backup: If you only want to back up one or more specified partitions or volumes, not the entire hard disk, this free backup software allows you to back up partitions or volumes to a compressed image file.
- File Backup: Quickly backup files to an external hard drive, including office files, photos, videos, documents, games, and programs. Also supports backups multiple files on network or NAS.
- Automatic/Scheduled Backup: Set up a schedule to automatically backup system and data, especially great for users who want to create backups at a lesser frequency or have multiple backup schedules (e.g. daily, weekly, and monthly). This option is available in every kind of backup. Just search for Schedule checkbox and turn on the Scheduled Backup.
- File Sync: Schedule files/folders to automatically synchronize with a schedule (daily, weekly, or monthly) and always keep your data safe.
The restore is a simple process of restoring your backed up data back to their places. The restoration process takes some time, depending on the read speed of your backup drive and the USB port or the ways you use.
This is a very interesting feature over the regular backup and restores feature of AOMEI Backupper. Cloning is an interesting feature that allows you to clone entire Disk, System or Partition to another HDD.
You may have noticed that System Clone feature is available in Pro version only. I will talk about the pro version later in the post.
All the three tools have the same window. However, in my case proceeding to any of the options, I would need to format my entire drive. So, I cannot demonstrate that for now.
This section of AOMEI Backupper provides you with some nice set of tools to improvise or recover your system from a dead state and help you recover your files from that state, directly.
- Create Bootable Media: Make a Linux or Windows PE bootable media (CD/DVD disc or USB drive) for backup and recovery. It’s also available for backing up to the shared folder and restore from the network under bootable environment. Besides, you can manually add additional drivers when creating Win PE bootable media.
- Free System Optimization Tool allows you to optimize your system
- Import/Export your Configuration to manage your scheduled backups.
- Check the image’s integrity.
AOMEI Backupper Professional
These are the features that are present in the Standard version of AOMEI Backupper. However, there is also a paid version of the software called AOMEI Backupper Professional. These features mentioned above are also present in the Professional version as well. But the Professional version includes some more advanced features professional
The professional version includes the following:
System clone: Migrate OS from HDD to SSD, SSD to SSD, HDD to HDD, or SSD to HDD without reinstalling Windows and applications while ensuring system will be bootable after migration. Support MBR/GPT disks, UEFI boot mode, mSATA/M.2/PCI-E SSDs, etc.
Universal Restore: Restore a backup image to a different computer with dissimilar hardware, or move OS from physical to virtual machine (P2V) by backup and restoration.
Command line utility: Perform backup, restore and clone operations from the command prompt or by creating batch scripts.
Merge backup images: Combine full backup and its chained incremental backups into a single backup for better management.
Split backup image: Divide a large backup image into multiple smaller files with specific size to fit your storage devices.
Backup scheme: Automatically delete old backup images based on various specified value to save backup disk space.
PXE boot tool: Startup client-side computers within LAN through the network booting for system maintenance.
Real-time sync files/folders: Monitor files/folders for changes and synchronize new added, modified or deleted files/folders from source to target path as soon as the change has occurred.
File filter settings: Exclude a certain file extension from file/folder backup or sync.
Here is the screenshot of Disk Backup in Standard Vs Premium
Tabular Comparison of AOMEI Backupper – Standard Vs Premium Vs Technician
|AB: Professional (2 PCs)|
Current Version: $39.95
Lifetime Free Upgrades: $43.96
|AB: Technician (Unlmtd PCs)
2-year Subs: $399.00
Lifetime Free Upgrade: $449
|System backup and restore |
Disk backup and restore
Partition backup and restore
File backup, sync and restore
|Yes||Yes (Fast)||Yes (Fast)|
Automatic files sync
|Backup to a local disk|
Backup to an external hard drive
Backup to a network share/NAS
Backup to an USB flash drive
Backup and sync files to a cloud drive
|Comment backup image|
Explore backup image
Check backup image
Compress backup image
Encrypt backup image
View backup logs
|Create Windows PE & Linux bootable media||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Command line utility||No||Yes||Yes|
|Merge backup images||No||Yes||Yes|
|Split backup images||No||Yes||Yes|
|Backup disk space management||No||Yes||Yes|
|PXE Boot Tool||No||Yes||Yes|
|Real-time sync files/folders||No||Yes||Yes|
|Event-triggered schedule backups||No||Yes||Yes|
|Edit the partitions on the disk||No||Yes||Yes|
|File filter settings||No||Yes||Yes|
|Restore files with NTFS permissions||No||Yes||Yes|
|Backup and restore dynamic disk volumes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Backup to CD/DVD||No||Yes||Yes|
|Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and XP||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Image Deploy Tool||No||No||Yes|
|Provide charged technical service to clients with unlimited usage||No||No||Yes|
|Support Windows Server 2003, 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2), 2016|
SBS 2003, 2008, 2011
|Pre-installed on computers and sell to consumers||No||No||No|
|Priority Technical Support||Low||Medium||High|
|License Type||Freeware||2PCs/License||Unlimited PCs|
Buy AOMEI Backupper from below:
Else, give the free version a try:
You might also like
More from Miscellaneous
Like previous years, this year too leaks about Pixel lineup is appearing everywhere. Recently TechnoLike Plus, a Cuban website uploaded …