Xbox Insider team has released a new Insider Preview build for Xbox One. Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring Insiders should now be receiving Xbox One system update (1805.180430-1920 ).
The new build comes with Discord and Xbox Live integration, 120Hz video support and more. The update also fixes some of the previously known issues but also adds new issues to the list of known bugs
Here’s what new in the latest build:
120Hz – Support for More Video Output Options
In this build Gamers with monitors and televisions that support a 120Hz refresh rate can now turn on 120Hz support for 1080p and 1440p output resolutions on Xbox One S and Xbox One X. This high refresh rate option means you can now take full advantage of displays with 120Hz capabilities. High refresh rate support can provide a smoother gaming experience and lower latency on some displays, and games may benefit from reduced tearing and stuttering via the 120Hz output.
Connect with Gamers Across Xbox Live and Discord
You can now easily link your Xbox Live account to your Discord account from a Discord app (PC, mobile) and from the “linked social accounts” Setting menu on Xbox One. When you link Discord to your Xbox Live account, your Xbox Live presence will be shared across Discord, enabling friends and users in your same Discord servers to see what you are playing on Xbox Live. Keep in mind that your Presence will be shared with anyone on Discord, independently of your Privacy Settings on Xbox.
Please note for this feature to work you to do the following on an Android or iOS device. Currently, the Beta version of the Discord app on Android and iOS supports the account linking (the PC app is coming soon from the Discord team):
What you need to do on the console:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Linked social accounts
- Select “Link” under Discord
- Follow the instruction in your screen to start the account linking process:
- Say ‘yes’ to the MSA consent dialog, allowing Xbox to share your information with Discord
- A 6 digit PIN code will show up in your console
- Go to your Discord app and insert the 6 digit code that shows up in your screen
- Accounts should now be linked and your Xbox presence will start being displayed in Discord
- If you say ‘no’ to the consent you’ll go back to settings, account won’t be linked
Improvements to the Xbox Accessories App
In this build, we’re also modernizing the Xbox Accessories app to make it easier to navigate and to look and feel more consistent with the rest of the Xbox One dashboard.
More Privacy Options
You will notice a change to the Login flow on the console that only occurs once when you first log in. In the privacy settings menu, you can now also specify whether to send crash dump data for games and apps to Microsoft. We’ll also let you know about scenarios where we need to share your data with game developers, publishers, and other third parties so that you can play online. Finally, we’re giving you a way to close your Microsoft account, which will also remove you from others’ friend’s lists.
Trim Clips Directly in the Guide
Last month, we added a new sharing feature that helps gamers upload their captured screenshots and videos directly to Twitter. In this build, we’re improving on the sharing experience even further; you can now trim your recent game captures directly from the Guide, so you won’t need to switch to Upload Studio to make a quick cut to your saved clips.
These bugs were fixes:
- We have fixed launch and activation issues in certain apps such as Hulu, Spotify and Microsoft Edge.
- We have fixed launch and activation issues in games when the user was playing a title and signed out to show the correct message when launching the title again that they must be signed in.
- We have fixed an issue where the button prompt to move Pins in Guide was incorrect.
- Fixed issues with Microsoft Edge failing to load multiple tabs and the problem when the cursor would disappear when using the browser.
Navigation and Selection in Menu’s
- Users can now select an action in menus. This means we have fixed issues to allow users to now:
- Move/copy content in Network transfer or locally from the internal HDD to an external HDD
- Set a default disk to install content if they have more than one drive attached
- Therefore you are now able to set external HDD as default install location if your internal HDD is set
- Work has been done to improve the Wi-Fi connectivity when resuming the console from the Instant-on mode and a network was not detected until a reboot.
- Users should no longer be seeing a “Local cache is full” message when powering on their console.
- We have fixed the issue in which some users noticed the Gamerscore icon is missing in their profile when using the Light Theme or Theme schedule.
Issues in the build:
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- Some users may experience loss of Audio playing Final Fantasy XV Workaround to allow audio: Change audio settings to Stereo uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed or Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and play the game
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
You might also like
More from News
Qualcomm just held its annual Snapdragon Tech Summit where it announced its new 2021 flagship chipset, the Snapdragon 888. With …