Microsoft has just released Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 for fast and slow ring insiders. This latest build is the current release candidate for Fall Creators Update. Fall Creators Update for PC is scheduled to roll out on Oct. 17th, the Mobile release is thus expected sometime around this time.
Notable features coming to Windows 10 Mobile with Fall Creator update are:
- Two factor Authentication: We are excited to announce that we’ve introduced a two factor authentication unlock mechanism for Windows 10 Mobile. With two factor unlock, an enterprise can enforce an additional security layer to their sensitive data via an MDM policy. Once two factor unlock is enabled, a phone user will have to enter a numeric pin followed by an enterprise-defined factor to unlock the phone. An example of an enterprise-defined factor is a companion device such as an NFC tag which can be used to unlock a phone using our Companion Device Framework sample app and documentation.
- AppLocker Improvements: A number of customers have provided feedback on the warning prompts for apps that are blocked by enterprise policies. We’ve improved the UX and updated the MDM SyncML scripts associated with the policies. Application restrictions can be configured by either the ApplicationManagement CSP or AppLocker CSP.
- VPN Improvements: In the modern corporate workplace, mobility is mainstream and secure access to corporate data via VPN has become the norm. We are bringing a range of improvements and features that enhance the reliability of VPN on Windows 10 Mobile. The key updates to our VPN capability are
- Lots of reliability improvements for VPN connectivity in Windows 10 Mobile.
- IKEv2 Sleep and Power Enhancements.
- VPN completes all pending actions before sleep and disconnects.
- Automatic reconnection on resume.
- Force tunneled improvements for UWP platform.
- Proxy improvements for UWP VPN profile.
- Enabling MMS usage when VPN is connected
Both fast ring and slow ring insiders should be receiving the update, so if you’re an insider make sure you’re up-to-date by going to Settings>Update and Security and Checking for updates.
More from Insider Program
Windows 10 20H1 has got another Fast Ring update. This time, it adds a feature to show disk types in …
Microsoft's 19H1 build, the 18342, is now available for slow ring Insiders as well. Do note that PCs with the …
Microsoft is bringing back Skip Ahead to Windows 10 insiders, this time to test 19H2 builds. The update will launch …