Microsoft has released it’s weekly insider build for the fast ring insiders. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC was released later today and is progressively rolling out to users.
The new build is just full of bug fixes as Microsoft has stopped adding and testing new features ahead of Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
Here’s the full list of bug fixes:
- This build has the fix for the bug that was causing some Surface Pro 3 devices to end up in a “unbootable” state where the Windows OS will not load and it appears to be stuck on a “spinning dots” screen. After installing this build, Surface Pro 3 devices should no longer get into this state. If you have a Surface Pro 3 in a bad state – follow the instructions on this forum post to get back up and running.
- We fixed an issue on Dutch builds where explorer could go into a crash loop if an app-requested downloads notification popped up from OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue where expand.exe couldn’t expand CABs that contained Japanese characters in the file name.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in window content being transparent (but showing the window frame) or stale after unlocking your desktop.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing error 0x800B010C when attempting to upgrade to the last few flights.
The update is for normal fast ring insiders, not the Skip ahead branch. If you’re a fast ring insider, check under Settings> Update and Security for updates. The update is rolling out slowly, so you might have to waiting a while ebfore you recieve it.
More from Insider Program
Windows 10 20H1 has got another Fast Ring update. This time, it adds a feature to show disk types in …
Microsoft's 19H1 build, the 18342, is now available for slow ring Insiders as well. Do note that PCs with the …
Microsoft is bringing back Skip Ahead to Windows 10 insiders, this time to test 19H2 builds. The update will launch …