Android is a week or two old, and developers have already started making the Custom ROMs based on Android Oreo. My device, Redmi Note 3, got its Oreo Custom ROM too!
You can check if your device has a custom ROM based on Oreo at XDA.
One of the eye catching feature of Oreo is the PIP mode, that pops up a video window on to your screen and you can multi task. But for now it is available on for Youtube RED users, but you can follow my steps to enable it on normal Youtube App too!
Here is how you can enable it :
- Download the Custom Navigation Bar app (free, with in-app purchases) on your device. (As setting it up can be a bit complicated, I have covered those steps below in this article.)
- Install ADB drivers on your computer. For this, you can choose to download either Minimal ADB & Fastboot or the official Google binaries.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do that, go to your phone’s Settings –> Developer options –> USB debugging, and toggle this on.
- Connect your phone to the PC after downloading Custom Navigation Bar. (Missed this part in the video)
- Download the ADB files and extract it.
- Enable USB Debugging in your phone.
- In the app, copy the command and click next. If anything pops up on your mobile’s screen. Click Yes or Okay.
- Now open Command Prompt in that ADB folder on the computer by pressing Shift + Right Click on your keyboard. Here, execute the command ” adb devices “, and then, if asked, grant the permission on your phone.
- Once your device has ADB access, you can open the Custom Navigation Bar app on your phone. On the first screen, tap on “Get Started”. Now you will be required to grant a certain permission to your device. For that, execute the following commands on Command Prompt:
pm grant xyz.paphonb.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- When you enter the app, tap on “Navigation bar”. Here, when you scroll down, you’ll see “Type” under both “Extra left button” and “Extra right button”. Tap on either of these, and select “Keycode”.
- Now tap on “Keycode”, and select “Window”.
- There should now be a button at your specified location. But since you can’t see it yet, let’s assign it with an icon. For that, tap on “Icon”, and select any optionthat you like. (You can skip this step if you want.)
Now you can enjoy this feature by opening a video on Youtube and pressing the icon on your navigation bar.
You might also like
More from Android
Last year in the month of May, The United States of America instated a ban on Huawei that prevents US …
In a warning to new Huawei smartphone users, Google has advised not to side load, Google's apps and services. Gmail …
Samsung had released a fleet of smartphones in its Galaxy Unpacked event. Even though the Galaxy Z Flip went on …