Since the launch of Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung has regularly released and “Active” variant of Samsung Galaxy’s flagship device which has a durable body, MIL-STD certification, and a huge battery beside the usual insides. Its AT&T exclusive.
Now a leakster who claims to be friend with a Samsung employee in San Francisco who had access to the prototype device, had uploaded a video showing off the device. While he removed his video on suggestions from redditors but Android Police managed to get some screenshots of the device.
Some changes compared to Samsung Galaxy S8 are –
- Its not curved like S8.
- Unlike previous generations, this one has on screen keys instead of rugged physical keys.
- Polycarbonate build with metal sides.
- Its almost 1.5x thick compared to S8.
- The battery is 4000 mAh compared to S8’s 3000 mAh and S8+’s 3500 mAh.
- Reprogrammable Active Key has been ditched for Bixby button.
Apart from these changes, the device specification is as same as Samsung Galaxy S8 . TechDroid has uploaded the original video once again. Check it out.