Microsoft is now rolling out another Insider Preview build for Insiders in Fast ring on PC today. This weeks build is 16241 and is backing more bug fixes, enhancements and changes for Insiders to get testing. Also this week, we’re getting build 15230 for Mobile!
Known issues for PC
- IMAP email accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Aol may not sync in the Mail app in this build.
- Trying to use the dictation hotkey (WIN + H) in UWP apps won’t work – you’ll see the UI come up and immediately dismiss. If you’d still like to use dictation, the microphone in the touch keyboard will work. You can right-click the Taskbar for an option to show the touch keyboard button if it’s not already visible.
- We’re investigating your reports that the Copy Link option displayed in Microsoft Edge when you right-click a hyperlink isn’t working in recent builds.
- There is an issue with PC Games using the Origin overlay. Use of overlay may cause game movement to lock up.
- We’re investigating your reports that after upgrading to the latest Insider Preview builds, some network settings are lost and revert to default settings. Static IP address configuration is reverted to DHCP. Networks which were marked as private are reverted to public. After the upgrade you will need to manually readjust your network settings back to your preferred settings.
- If you have display scaling higher than 100%, you may encounter a bug where the hit targeting is offset when interacting with various parts of the shell. This is particularly noticeable in Action Center, where it might appear that nothing in Action Center can be cleared, but can also happen with the taskbar Jump lists and My People. If this happens, go to Settings > System > Display and change the size of text, apps, and other items to something else. Once you’ve done that, put it back to how you like it and issue should be resolved.
- Some apps like Tweetium may not render the UI correctly and be difficult to use.
- Windows Defender Security Center cannot be used to configure and list items for Controlled folder access, Threat History and Exclusions due to a crash in the UI. This is not affecting the real-time protection capabilities and will be fixed in the next build.
More from Insider Program
Windows 10 20H1 has got another Fast Ring update. This time, it adds a feature to show disk types in …
Microsoft's 19H1 build, the 18342, is now available for slow ring Insiders as well. Do note that PCs with the …
Microsoft is bringing back Skip Ahead to Windows 10 insiders, this time to test 19H2 builds. The update will launch …