The desktop app for Telegram Messenger has been updated to version 1.1.10. The new update brings in “Supergroup” feature for all the users.
A supergroup is basically an advancement to normal group creation. It essentially increases the maximum member limit to 10,000 for 5,000 members and adds the ability to grant and revoke certain features from members. While its useless for the average users, some large community and businesses will definitely find it useful as no other popular IM offers this (along with other features) as of now.
Here’s the changelog:
- The supergroups can have up to 10,000 members.
- Appointment of the members of supergroups administrators with specific rights. Choose who can add users, manage messages, block members, edit the details and the username of the group, add new administrators, etc.
- Limit and blocks the members of the supergroups with granular precision. Read-only blocks, GIF and sticker-blocks, media, temporary shutdowns, and restrictions.
- Check the new Event Log to see all service actions performed by the members and directors of the channel or the supergroup in the past 48 hours.
- Activate night mode in the main menu.
- Bug Fixes and improvements.