Today morning, Microsoft released two major insider builds for the mobile and PC devices. The updates are now rolling out to the users globally. You can read about it here. However, the new build for the PC devices is 16232. It is now available for fast ring insiders. But, it contains some bugs and known issues. Read them before updating to the new version.
Known issues in Windows 10 Insider preview build 16232 for PC
- Your PC may fail to update to this build with an 0x80070643 and rolls back to the previous build. We are investigating.
- We’re continuing to investigate reports that the battery status on certain laptops isn’t updating while the device is unplugged. If you think you are seeing this, please send in feedback via Feedback Hub and use the capture feature when logging your feedback so we can get your logs.
- You may notice some of your inbox apps are now displaying a name that looks like “ms-resource:” and are listed at the bottom of Start. We’re investigating. In the meantime, the app should still launch normally, it’s only the name resource that’s impacted.
- Some UWP apps such as Twitter will crash on launch.
- Xbox Live in-game experiences may fail to load. These include gamer profiles, achievement details, and other dialogs that may pop up on top of an Xbox Live-enabled game.
- Please avoid doing a PC reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery and choosing “Remove everything”. This may put your device into a reboot loop.
- Task Manager may hang on launch on this build.
Are you ok with these bugs? If yes, download it now. Otherwise, hold on..
More from Insider Program
Windows 10 20H1 has got another Fast Ring update. This time, it adds a feature to show disk types in …
Microsoft's 19H1 build, the 18342, is now available for slow ring Insiders as well. Do note that PCs with the …
Microsoft is bringing back Skip Ahead to Windows 10 insiders, this time to test 19H2 builds. The update will launch …