Surprisingly, Microsoft released two different insider builds for the fast ring insiders in both PC and mobile platforms. The rollout has started early morning and it is live now. The latest insider build for PC is 16179 and for mobile is 15205. At the same time, both of these builds have some known issues too. Let’s check them out:
KNOWN ISSUES FOR PC
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
- exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
- Insiders who use Simplified Chinese IMEs or the Traditional Chinese Changjie or Quick IME to input text will find that the candidate window doesn’t appear when typing into certain apps. If you press space, the first candidate will be finalized. Using the number keys will not finalize any other candidate. If the candidate you need is not the first one, for now you will have to enter your text into an app where the candidate window appears, such as Notepad, and copy it into the desired text field.
- Navigating to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update may crash Settings app. You can simply re-open the Settings app again and it should work again.
- The “Save” dialog appears to be broken in several desktop (Win32) apps. The team is investigating.
KNOWN ISSUES FOR MOBILE
- A small percentage of devices may experience text message backup loss related to backup and recovery of the messaging database.
- For Insiders who have upgraded from a prior 150xx build to this build, the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” Settings page and the Connect UX page may fail to open.
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- Insiders may experience random shutdowns on some devices.
More from Microsoft
By October 2021, your Silverlight apps will become obsolete, as the framework will reach End-of-Life by that time. But before …
Starting Windows 10 May 2020 update, you will no more get 32-bit OS anymore. This is because most modern computers …