Today, Microsoft has announced that they have added support for Japanese language in their Translator service which is the first end-to-end speech translation solution optimized for real-life conversations. Previously available for Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish language, Japanese joins them as the 10th language.
These technologies are then connected to perform the speech translation function:
- The sound is transcribed into text through the speech recognition AI
- TrueText then processes this text to remove unnecessary speech elements, such as redundant words or fillers like “um” (English) or “eto” (Japanese), that would generate poor translations
- The machine translation AI then translates each word using the context of the full sentence
- Finally, the text to speech generates the audio output from this translated text
With this release, businesses, developers, and end users alike will be able to use Japanese in the various apps and services offered or powered by Microsoft Translator:
- For presentations, meetings or any other multi-devices translation use cases with the Microsoft Translator live feature. This personal universal translator feature is available at http://translate.it and on the Windows, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire Translator apps
- Microsoft Translator API for developers to add speech translation to their applications
- The Skype Translator feature in Skype for Windows desktop and the
Windows 10 Skype Preview app to call between Skype clients or from Skype to any phone number in the world with a Skype Out subscription (available in the Skype Preview app only)
You can translate any of the supported 10 Translator speech languages into any of the supported 60+ Translator text languages.
More from Microsoft
The Galaxy S21+ was launched with atleast five color variants. But that wasn't enough. According to the recent leaks, the …
If your workflow involves massive files, you would be pleased to hear that Microsoft has increased the OneDrive file size …