AT&T have today announced that customers can pre-order the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ from tomorrow (30th April) ready for their release in the middle of April, and the S8 and S8+ will be among the first devices capable of supporting AT&T’s new 5G Evolution network, which will start rolling out across the United States in the up coming months.
According to the press release:
Starting tomorrow, March 30, you can preorder the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ from AT&T either online or in stores, and stop by select retail locations March 31 for a sneak peek of its infinitely amazing entertainment experience. The smartphone will be available in stores as early as April 21.Customers who preorder the Galaxy S8 or S8+ via AT&T NextSM on the nation’s best data network can take advantage of each of the following offers:
- Up to $750 in credits towards another Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+,
- A Samsung Gear VR included, along with a controller powered by Oculus and an Oculus content bundle4,
- A Samsung Gear S3 for only $49 with a 2-year service agreement5,
- And, for only 99-cents, you can get a Samsung Tab E and/or a Samsung Gear S2 when you activate 2-year service agreements.
New features coming on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ include:
- Bixby Vision: Turns your already amazing camera into a smart camera. It takes brilliant photos, as you’d expect. It also helps you identify landmarks, translates foreign languages and find tells you where you can buy an item.
- Facial recognition or Iris Scanner Unlocks your phone with just a glance.
- Steadfast security: Defense-grade Samsung Knox™ keeps your critical data and private information safe wherever you are.
- Fast wireless charging: Charge your phone without fumbling around with cords.
- IP68 water resistant rating: Resists a splash or an accidental dunk.
- DIRECTV Remote: Turn your phone into a DIRECTV remote control when you are watching TV at home.
AT&T customers who take an Unlimited Plus wireless plan will receive a $25 monthly video credit towards any AT&T video service including DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, or U-verse TV. New AT&T wireless customers can also receive $650 in credits when they switch to AT&T from another wireless provider and buy a new smartphone with eligible service on AT&T Next after trading in their old device.
Pricing options include: $750 for Galaxy S8 and $850 for S8+
• On AT&T Next, customers can get the Galaxy S8 at $25 or the Galaxy S8+ at $28.34 for 30 months with eligible service.
• Or, on AT&T Next Every Year, customers can get the Galaxy S8 at $31.25 or the Galaxy S8+ at $35.42 for 24 months with eligible service.
• Business customers can purchase either device on Enterprise Instalment Plans (EIP) over 36 or 24 months.
You might also like
More from AT&T
AT&T has announced that it will no longer cap high-speed data on its Unlimited Elite plan starting this week. The …
The major US carriers (Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T) announced an RCS-related venture of their own in October of 2019, just …