WindowsTeam a Brazilian website dedicated to Windows Platform has reported a security bug in W10M which lets others access your pictures even though pin/Hello is activated. Wallace Michael (@wallace_cane) who first found this bug managed to get around pin to acess pictures by doing following steps.
- On a locked device, take any photo.
- Preview the photo using the Preview thumbnail (lower left), and after the photo has been opened, delete it using the trash bin icon.
- Press the Back button.
- Preview the photo again, using the thumbnail. You should see a black screen.
- Press the back button and Preview the photo using the thumbnail for a 3rd time.
- Now you can access the pictures.
Many people confirmed that the bug is not available in latest internal build which means that Microsoft was aware of this bug and quickly squished it.
More from Microsoft
Microsoft is finally adding support for apps to integrate with Teams Meetings. This comes in addition to chats and channels, where …