Microsoft recently rolled out a new update for the fast ring insiders. The new build 15031 is now available for insiders in the fast ring. But, the update is for PC devices only, not for mobiles. The new update brings many new features and improvements. Let’s see what’s new in this new update:
Changes, improvements, and fixes for PC:
- We fixed the issue causing Tencent apps and games to crash or work incorrectly.
- We’ve updated OOBE so that if there’s no detected audio output device, for example with VMs, it now skips Cortana’s introduction.
- [GAMING] We fixed the issue causing popular games may experience crashes or black screens when trying to load due to a platform issue.
- [GAMING] We fixed the issue where Game Mode is enabled system wide by default, however, the ON/OFF toggle in Settings will incorrectly show it as being OFF until the user manually toggles the Setting to ON which will cause it to update and accurately display the status of Game Mode system wide.
- We fixed an issue where the night light quick action was unexpectedly disabled in the last Insider flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in audio going quiet each time the Start menu is opened after a SpeechRuntime.exe crash.
- Dragging apps from the all apps list to pin on Start’s tile grid will now work. We also fixed an issue on recent builds where some tiles might unexpectedly appear blank and with a name starting with “P~…” after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue where Win + Shift + S wouldn’t work to capture a region of the screen if the Snipping Tool was already running. We also fixed an issue where taking a snip with the Snipping Tool would fail on 4k monitors when 60-80% was selected.
- We fixed an issue resulting in “Fn”+”Pause/Break” key not working to pause the checking progress when running chkdsk.
- We fixed an issue where resizing windows with a pen would be unexpectedly slow. We also fixed an issue where resizing a window across monitors with different DPIs could be unpredictable.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Ink highlight preview wouldn’t be visible in Web Notes when Microsoft Edge was using dark theme.
- We’ve improved gesture recognition for 3 finger swipes on precision touchpads.
- We fixed an issue where a number of files with the name GLOB(0xXXXXXX) could be unexpectedly found in the system root directory after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t rename disk volumes via File Explorer in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where rapidly tapping a button to bring up the new Share experience, for example in Microsoft Edge, could result in the Share UI not coming up again until the device had been rebooted.
- We fixed an issue resulting the lists of thumbnails in Photos and Groove Music visibly shifting up when the app resumed.
- We fixed an issue where the Themes Settings page would blink when a theme was deleted.
- We’ve updated the help string on each page of Settings to be a bit more succinct.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to type ę on the Polish keyboard into the Settings search box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana Background Task Host might have ended up using an unexpectedly large amount of CPU in recent flights. We also shorted the two factor authentication notification from Cortana so that it won’t be truncated.
- We fixed an issue where the UI to input credentials wouldn’t have keyboard focus after initiating a remote connection to another PC.
- We’ve improved reliability when handling malformed Gifs in XAML-based apps.
- The icons should now be shown as expected instead of squares under Settings > Gaming.
More from Miscellaneous
Dell has recently refreshed its Latitude lineup with new upgraded models. The refreshed models are from Latitude 5000, 7000, and …
With more passing time, people are spending some great deal of money on tarpaulins. Not the basic one, but people …