We have already reported about the newly released insider preview build 14986. We hope every one of you is already downloading the build. But, hold your horses and read the known issues of this build:
- Using keyboard monitor hotkeys to adjust brightness won’t work as expected. Desired brightness change could be done via the Action Center or by going to Settings > System > Display.
- You may see a popup “Catastrophic Error” dialog when opening OneDrive folders. If you do, the workaround is to open an elevated Command Prompt or PowerShell window and enter “attrib -O <path to OneDrive failure that resulted in the error dialog>”.
- We’re currently investigating reports that DirectAccess isn’t working for some Windows Insiders.
- When using Microsoft Edge with Narrator, you may hear “no item in view or silence when tabbing or using other navigation commands. You can use Alt + Tab when this happens to move focus away from and back to the Edge browser and then Narrator will read as expected.
- Hey Cortana, play <blah> on <AppName> doesn’t work immediately after installing the app. Wait 5 minutes for indexer to kick in and try again.
- Currently, the Windows Defender dashboard is primarily aimed at providing some minimal read-only status for Antivirus/Firewall, with some very limited functionality for interacting with the app. Here are some of the known issues with the dashboard to be aware of (not a comprehensive list):
- Doesn’t accurately roll up status of Pillars
- Doesn’t accurately show status when a 3P AV is on the machine.
- History is not yet available in the new app
- Advanced/Custom scans are not yet available in the new app
- Settings are not configurable through the new app
- Firewall control panel not launchable from new app
- Firewall settings are not configurable through the new app
Now what do you think? share your thoughts with us.
More from Insider Program
Windows 10 20H1 has got another Fast Ring update. This time, it adds a feature to show disk types in …
Microsoft's 19H1 build, the 18342, is now available for slow ring Insiders as well. Do note that PCs with the …
Microsoft is bringing back Skip Ahead to Windows 10 insiders, this time to test 19H2 builds. The update will launch …