Yesterday we reported about Maps being updated for fast rings insiders for Windows 10. Today we’ve come up with reports of plenty of other apps recieving updates too on the fast ring.
Groove, Skype, Movies and TV and Maps all have recieved updates full of new features. The updates have started rolling out to fast ring insiders via store. The update is available both for PC and mobile insiders. The changelog for each app update follows :
Groove Music (10.16092.1025):
Adding improvements to offline usability and auto suggestions, this has been a minor update to its previous version.
- When you’re offline, it’s easier to see what’s playable. When you’re connected again, online pages automatically refresh.
- Search auto-suggestions on Xbox can easily be seen and accessed directly above the on screen keyboard.
- We added additional accessibility context in UI components allowing narrator to be more descriptive when reading user context.
- Notifications will remain on screen as long as they have focus, otherwise they will automatically dismiss.
- We improved the persistent header in collection pages to remove graphical glitches and increase the smoothness of scrolling.
Skype app (126.96.36.199)
Skype has improved its usability both for PC and Mobile users. PC users can easily share file and quote messages. Now contact’s profile page has callling button for quicker calling. For mobile users, now loudspeaker is default for video calling.
- Improved messaging – drag and drop files (up to 300MB) and images up to 300MB in chat to quickly share them, right click on the message and select “Quote Message” so you will know who said what in instant message chats, see an image preview of a shared URL rather than a long link, and stay on top of unread messages with an unread message indicator in chat.
- Enhanced profiles – start a call or conversation from a contact’s profile page, add/remove/block contacts, view initials of a contact if they don’t have a profile picture, and unblock blocked contacts.
- Easier calling – manage audio/video devices from Skype settings to select a preferred camera, microphone or speaker and test audio before a call.
- Additional Windows Mobile updates – video calls will default to loud speaker for video calls and improved back button navigation.
Movies & TV (10.16101.1025)
The update is out for Xbox and Hololens along with PC and Mobile. Buying and renting has made easier, with the option to re-rent an expired movie from the app itself.
- When you multiselect videos in File Explorer, you can now use the Previous and Next controls to skip between them while you watch
- If you only own an episode or two of a TV show, you now get a link to complete your season in the Store.
- You can now use “Y” on your Xbox controller to search your collection and our catalog.
- You can now quickly purchase the next season of your TV show straight from post-roll
- You can now re-rent an expired movie straight from the Movies & TV app (no need to go through the Store anymore).
- On Windows devices, you can more quickly resume or restart movies currently in progress.
App now has feature called collections which makes it easier to organize your saved places and accessing them.
The changelog :
Get the apps:
More from Apps
There’s a lot more than your iPhone device can do than just make calls and FaceTime other people, especially as …