A new update for the Maps app for Windows 10 is live now at Microsoft store. The latest update for the app is live now for universal Windows platform devices. The update is a major one as it brings some new features as well as small improvements.
Please note that the update is available only for non-insiders. That means, if you are using an insider build you can’t get this update. The new update brings new features including dark mode and traffic hub.
- Enjoy dark or light app colors—they now change to match your system settings. If you prefer your apps to be dark rather than light you can now have the Maps app follow your system setting for theme preference or always be light/dark. Plus you can choose to change the map theme too!
- Quickly check traffic for your commute, including live cameras, where available. We have always treated your Home and Work places special and now you can check the traffic to your Home or Work locations at any time. Just tap on Traffic in the app bar and you can see traffic conditions to Home and Work and your most recently viewed traffic cameras so that you can stay on top of the road conditions along your route.
The app currently features:
- Get driving, walking, and transit directions.
- See multiple searches together on one map, including addresses, businesses, restaurants, hotels, and local attractions.
- Add notes, drawings, and annotations to your road-view map with Windows Ink.
- Choose alternate routes to avoid things like traffic, tolls, or transfers in driving and transit directions.
- Hear turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation on GPS-enabled devices.
- When you arrive, let Maps help you remember where you parked your car.
- Pin your home, work, or other favorite places to Start for one-tap guided directions from anywhere.
- Download maps to use them even without the Internet.
- See your favorites and search history across all your Windows PCs and phones.
- Explore the world in 3D with detailed imagery of more than 200 cities and landmarks.
- See 360° panoramas of a place with Streetside views.
- See current traffic, cameras, and incidents on the map and plan your trip accordingly.
- See airport gates, shops, and more in indoor venue maps.
- Get detailed business info like phone numbers, directions, addresses, business hours, and reviews.
- Print and share step-by-step driving and walking directions.
- Note: Some features may not be available on all devices and in all countries or regions.
You might also like
More from Apps
Microsoft has been working on the Apps feature for it's Your Phone Companion. Looks like this feature is finally rolling …
Why is it important to add watermarks? Watermarks are not just a simple stamp. They are an integral part of a …