The AT&T branded Lumia 950 has received a firmware update that brings the much missed double tap to wake feature. This update was previously available via the Window Device Recovery Tool but can now be iinstalled as an Over The Air update.
As well as double tap to wake, that allows you to wake up your device by tapping twice on the screen there are also fixes for problems with WiFi dropping out and improvements to the quality of images and videos produced by the camera.
According to Microsoft:
“We are starting to rollout a new firmware update today for Lumia 950/950 XL: 01078.00053.16236.35xxx. Key improvements in this release include:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
You should get a notification when the update is ready, or check manually by going to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
Find out more by going to Microsoft’s Discussions page HERE.