If you are not familiar with the RTS game; Star Wars: Commander, it is a combination of the popular RTS (Real Time Strategy) game; Clash of Clans and the Star Wars franchise.
It is a UWP game that’s available on Windows 10 PCs/Tablets and Mobile. Today it got a huge update which brings the app version/build to v4.1.0(build 9).
The entire game UI design has been changed, giving it a whole new look/feel. Another major change in this update is the introduction of a new game mode: Squad Wars; If you are a leader of a squad, you can take up to 15 members to battle other squads!
Also, another update will be coming at the end of the month (July), it will end support for Windows Phones with 512MB memory, so if you own a Windows Phone with 512MB, the next update to the Star Wars: Commander game will disable it from working on these devices. If you own a WP with 512MB, the SW:C team has advised to backup your game with your Facebook account and get a WP with at least 1GB RAM.
- Collect rewards from the completed Squad Wars for up to 7days
- More Squad Wars! – Now enter Squad Wars matchmaking during the reward phase
- The next update (late July) will prevent you from accessing the game on Windows phone devices with less than 1GB RAM and all progress will be lost. To continue playing, we recommend that you do the following:
- Link your game to a Facebook account, found in Settings section of the app. That way, you can access your account on another Windows Phone, Windows Surface ot Windows 8+ PC.
- Write down your Player ID, CallSign and Squad Name and keep inn a safe place.
- Upgrade your Windows Phone and restore your data from the old device before the next update.
- For customer service questions please visit: http://help.starwars.com/STAR-WARS-Commander
Star Wars: Commander is a very popular RTS game on the Windows 10 platform, if you are into RTS games and you’re disappointed with the fact that Clash of Clans isn’t available on the Windows 10 platform, you might want to give this a shot.