June 1st, started with an announcement that Gabe Aul will be stepping down as Lead of Windows Insider Program and that Dona Sarkar would now be Leader of the Windows Insider Program and she is now responsible of pushing that BIG RED BUTTON (pushing out new builds).
You can read all about the change in Leadership and on who Dona Sarkar is by reading all about it on Windows Blog
On the first day on the job, Dona Sarkar wasted no time in pushing a new Windows 10 Mobile Build much to the delight of Windows Insiders.
The new Build 14356 brings a few new features…
– You can now get notifications from your Windows Phone on your PC, both have to be running the latest Windows Insider Builds for this to work (that’s 14356 on Mobile and 14342 on PCs).
– You can also ask Cortana to send photos from your phone to your PC by just asking her “Cortana, send that photo to my PC”. This is my favorite new feature because prior to this, as a blogger, I either had to wait for the pictures I took with my Lumia 950 to get uploaded to OneDrive or use apps like Share.It to transfer them directly to my PC, but now I can use this in-built, Cortana assisted feature to make that work.
– There is also a new animation that shows Cortana is listening to you when you speak.
So that’s what’s new in this Build 14356.
And here is what’s fixed and it’s a really long list, I will paste a few, but you can check out the rest on Windows Blog
- We fixed an issue that resulted in the Settings app sometimes freezing for a bit when moving a very large number of apps to a SD card.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in Continuum having extremely fast scrolling inertia with certain TVs.
- Fixed an issue where Glance screen might show stale badge counters for a few seconds immediately after Glance appeared
- We have updated the Mobile Hotspot settings page to give clearer error messaging when setting up a hotspot fails due to no SIM being connected.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Reminders not showing up at the correct time after upgrading.
- We are continuing to investigate battery life issues impacting certain devices. We have fixed a few bugs that improve battery life but we have more work to do here.
- We are investigating data issues with some Dual-SIM devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM. Several issues relating to cellular data with Dual-SIM devices have been reported by Insiders with the last two Mobile builds and we’re investigating these reports.
- In some cases, the new Cortana features highlighted above may not work. Restarting your phone should fix the issue and get the features working
Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/01/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14356/#umPFFTZo6KiI29Ps.99