Microsoft today released new update for their Windows 10 music player Groove. The update now rolling out to various Windows devices globally. The new update is a big one and brings new improvements and fixes. The latest version of the app is 3.6.2078.0 and the update is live now.
Change log :
- We can now cache your subscription state across app sessions so you’ll be able to sign into the app much more quickly when you launch it. We also improved the retry logic when connectivity is poor/erratic so that it’s restored more reliably.
- We’ve made improvements to background audio so that is more reliable and you see it appear to be loading or “buffering” less often.
- The process which matches your music to our catalog and allows us to populate artwork and missing metadata can now run in the background – so if you don’t leave the app in the foreground, you’ll still get all the great artwork and metadata.
- We are also using a new metadata service, which results in better matching (more artwork, metadata).
- With the latest OS builds, you can set theming for all your apps directly in OS Settings > Personalization > Colors. In our app, by default, we’ll use the OS settings. But you can also choose to set the theme independently if you want to.
- We made a fix so that page titles no longer animate “up” when entering a page. We heard feedback that the experience didn’t feel polished.
- We updated the diagnostics tied to Groove feedback submitted in the Feedback Hub so that it’s easier for use to diagnose issues. We also made another round of improvements to our playback telemetry to make it easier for us to investigate.
- We made loads of accessibility improvements related to high contrast mode, the narrator, and keyboard navigation. We also added a new keyboard shortcut for search – use Ctrl +Q to open the Search box from anywhere in the app.
- After signing up for Groove Music Pass trial, you might have to restart Groove to get the app to recognize your new subscription status.
- When using narrator, the “Now Playing “ list is positioned in an unexpected place when navigating in item mode.
- Hovering over tracks in Now Playing on PC won’t show the usual controls – you’ll have to right-click on the track to complete those actions.
- On some devices, you may find the text on an artist’s details page being cut off.
Download the updated version from below link.
More from Apps
Microsoft has officially launched its own Android smartphone, the Surface Duo. With it, Microsoft also has a host of apps …