Need some help keeping tabs on your spending? Want to avoid a shock when you get to the check outs at the supermarket? We have an app which you may find very useful!
We’ve been approached by app developer Owen Patrick, who asked us to take a look at his Shopper Calc app, which he tells us was made as a hobby project, and Owen intends to keep it updated and is keen to fix any bugs that may be found. It is a free download and will work on Windows Phone 8 and Windows 10 Mobile.
Some of the features of this free app are as follows:
Some Key features of the app:
– Multiple shopping lists
– Item category breakouts
– User modifiable categories: Names, Icons and Tax rates
– A “simple” mode which hides all lists.
– Pinnable lists
– Search all items/lists
– Share lists via email (CSV) or SMS.
– Item level discounts, per list.
– List level discounts, per list.
– Set a list Maximum alert
– List options (such as how discounts are displayed, maximum price warning and more).
– Database backup and restore to/from OneDrive (this is pre-W10’s auto app backup)
– Ad removal.
– Tax lookup: applied to all categories if needed.
Current languages include English, French, Spanish, Romanian and German.
Shopper Calc can be downloaded from the Windows Store HERE. The description in the Windows Store is as follows:
Shopper Calc is a quick tool to help keep track of your shopping total. Shopper Calc will calculate the running total with or without tax for each item category, and for items in or out of your purchase. Plus! It’ll keep track of item count, discount deal category and tax and even more! So at a leisurely pace or for a quick run, open up Shopper Calc and start with prices and/or detailed item descriptions. With custom categories and the for you to define your local tax rates for any! With the ability to save and review lists, you can always keep a track on your previous shopping lists and shopping carts!
We will take a closer the look at the app in the near future and let you know our thoughts.