The update comes with the following features (according to the support page):
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events on the lock screen.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE – preserve energy while staying connected via Bluetooth
- Get enriched camera performance, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements
It seems that the update includes Microsoft’s Update 3 as well, for those who didn’t jump on the preview version. As for the other features, they’re all what we expected to get from Lumia Black, including the long-awaited Glance Screen update with support for notifications, and an update to Nokia Camera that should include new RAW support to save photos in lossless DNG format.
I myself don’t own a Lumia 1020 so I can’t compare the user experience or offer any hands-on experience with the update, but our good friend Lenny B. (@LennyBons4) has received the update and should offer up a post later today highlighting the update’s new features. As for the rest of us Lumia owners, I haven’t heard word on when we would receive the update, but we shouldn’t have too much longer to wait!
To update go to Settings -> phone update. It is only available to download via WiFi, so make sure you have a strong connection before proceeding. It may take up to 15-30 minutes, and be sure to backup your device.
Source: Nokia Support
You might also like
More from Miscellaneous
Dell has finally refreshed its XPS 13 lineup with Intel's 11th Generation processors. And this added several new features on …