And just when we were getting used to the idea of Nokia not releasing an RT tablet, this pops up. It seems that the rumored tablet designs we’ve been hearing about for what seems like eternity have potentially proven true. Microsoft News received a tip of Nokia’s upcoming tablet specs as well as a diagram possibly showing what the device may look like:
- It will be powered by a Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.15GHz
(Quad-core Krait 400 CPU, Adreno 330 GPU, BT4.0, 802.11ac, Miracast 1080p support)
- It will sport a 10.1″ 1080p screen, 5-point multi-touch with wide viewing angles.
- In-built 32 GB of storage
- Detachable keyboard/stand which should be connected to the tablet to make it work just like Touch/Type covers for Surface.
- There is a battery in the keyboard for extra power.
- USB ports in the back
- Wireless N Cell compatible
- Micro HDMI & USB 3.0 port support
- Will also come in Cyan matte color
The specs seem to coincide with some past leaks of a Nokia Windows RT tablet. The diagram above may finally give us a clue as to that the device will look like, kickstand and all. Quite an interesting design, and it looks like there’s too much going on with the kickstand. The device is reported to be manufactured by Compal and will launch next month with support for AT&T (shocker).
This could be totally wrong and Nokia could totally just release a full Windows 8 tablet (I mean, wouldn’t that make more sense?). Still, I guess we have to wait and see. I have nothing personally wrong with RT, as I find it more useful than other tablets OSes.
What do you think, is it at all justified that a Nokia tablet go with RT given the upcoming improvements in 8.1?
Source: Microsoft News