For all of you out there waiting for the best smartphone out there for your money it’s time to break the piggy bank because that phone has arrived. Nokia just introduced the Nokia Lumia 520 and it cost a mere 139 Euros! That’s right Windows Phone 8 device that can be had for under a 140 Euro’s that under 190 USD! Before you write it off simply because of price lets see what we get for our money shall we?
Specs Wise here what you can expect:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8
- Networks: WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Speed: 3G HSPA+ (21Mbps)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 8 GB mass memory, support for microSD cards up to 64GB, 7GB free SkyDrive storage
- Display: 4” IPS LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) 16M colors,
2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon™
- Camera: 5Mpix autofocus, video recording HD 720p 30fps
- Size: 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm* (*volume thickness)
- Weight: 124g
- Connectivity: WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0 High Speed
- Battery: 1430mAh
- Audio: single digital microphone, 3.5mm AV connector, MP3 player
- Colours: Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
Read that again…Dual core processor, micro sd slot, 4 inch display, interchangeable shells, and Micro SD card slot. But it gets better….This devices carries the full feature set you expect from a Lumia device.
- Here Maps
- All the Nokia Camera apps
- The sexy Lumia design
- Plus the super sensitive touch screen!
That is a lot phone for very little coin. When and where can I can get this device you say? According to Nokia themselves:
If you can’t wait to get your hands on the Nokia Lumia 520, it’s planned to start shipping in March – arriving first in Hong Kong and Vietnam, but it will quickly start to reach more markets around Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
It will even be coming to the US with T-Mobile and to China with China Mobile as the latest smartphone from Nokia to be sold by the world’s largest mobile operator.
This device is HUGE for Nokia and will help them take the place were cheap Android phones live in all the developing markets. This phone will be a critical in Nokia continuing comeback story.