With winter upon us as well as a Big storm Nemo coming to bear down on the North East, the good folks over at AT&T has supplied us with some useful tips during this time. These tips come in Handy being we are still getting over Hurricane Sandy & maybe we didn’t have the right tools or information to help us along. So check out the Tips below and make sure to add the apps & #’s needed during this time, Be safe.
· USE TXT MSGING: During an emergency situation, text messages go through quicker than voice calls because they require less system resources.
· Keep Emergency Contacts Close: Make sure all your emergency numbers, including family members, the hospital, police and fire station, are in your phone.
· Limit Non-Emergency Calls: Keeping calls to a minimum will conserve battery power and free up wireless networks for emergencies
· Keep Your Phone Charged: Make sure all of your devices are charged before the storm arrives. Car chargers and portable back up battery chargers are really convenient.
· Become an Amateur Storm Tracker: Use weather apps, like the Accuweatherapp to track the storm
· Use Your Phone as a Flashlight: There are a number of apps out there for all phones that can turn your phone into an effective flashlight.
· Keep Your Tank Full: Gasbuddy can help you find the closest and cheapest gas prices in your area.
· Take Advantage of Emergency Services Apps: Download apps like Winter Survival Kit, which will help you find your current location, call 911, notify your friends and family, calculate how long you can run your engine to keep warm and stay safe from carbon monoxide poisoning.