Looks like the port of Android onto the Nokia N9 just got a lot more real with this Alpha version of NITDriod.
According to maker here is what you can expect from it:
– dualboot kernel (without reflashing), ability to choose OS after power on.
– 3D drivers, OpenGL
– hwrotation (portrait mode only, accelerometer HAL doesn’t work)
– touchscreen (multitouch)
– hw buttons (volume, power)
– ECI accessory (headset buttons)
– USB networking
– lcd off in sleep mode
– alarm driver, RTC
– mounting MyDocs as “SDCard” [realized; NOT FIXED, but HACK EXISTS]
– basic video decoding (sw) and playback, youtube (choppy)
– basic CellMo functionality: network registration, USSD, SMS, data (GPRS/EDGE/3G), signaling. Actually, ofono/ofono-ril stack is used: all things that it able to do on the n900.
– bluetooth (scanning, can pair devices. I didn’t test deeper).
– charging (note: without any notification in UI)
– sensors: accelerometer
– audio: playback (audio routing to: loudspeaker, headset or earpiece)
– lights HAL (lcd brightness)
– root access (via adb shell; su/Superuser.apk)
Here is a hands on demo of Android ICS running on a Nokia N9
Pretty Cool right? If this can get out of testing phase the Nokia N9 will dual boot MeeGo and Android!! Want to try for yourself? Here is the link for the download and instructions. I am not risking my N9 to test but…I know a few of you will.
Via: My Nokia Blog
More from Miscellaneous
Dell has finally refreshed its XPS 13 lineup with Intel's 11th Generation processors. And this added several new features on …