If you were paying attention at all during Mobile World Congress you know that Nokia Lumia 610 is one sexy and affordable device. You also know that it is running Tango and only has 256MB of RAM. Now we all know that there is going to be trade off somewhere because of Mango’s 256MB of RAM Vs the 512MB that was required for a Windows Phone before Mango.
According to a post on the Verge here is a list straight from Microsoft themselves on what Tango phones will not do.
- Windows Phone Marketplace app restrictions – Some processor-intensive apps have specific memory requirements, and will not work on devices with 256MB of RAM.
- Podcast subscriptions and video podcasts – Devices with 256MB of RAM will not be able to manage podcast subscriptions of watch video podcasts.
- Bing Local Scout – Microsoft is disabling Bing Local Scout on 256MB of RAM devices.
- Fast app switching – The fast application switching, introduced with Mango, will not work on Mango phones.
- SkyDrive automatic photo upload – Automatic upload of SkyDrive pictures will not be possible on 256MB of RAM devices, but users can still upload these manually.
- HD video playback – 256MB of RAM devices won’t be able to play video compressed with certain codecs.
- Background agents – Microsoft has removed background agents functionality for devices with 256MB of memory.
The big one here is the “multitasking” if you can live without that you will be ok. Being that Windows Phone never really multitasked to start I am still on board with a Lumia 610. Straight up I will buy one when they come out.
More from Miscellaneous
Google has started rolling out Gmail Chat service for all the users. Previously, the feature was available only for Google …
Galaxy Buds Pro Adidas Originals by Samsung with collaboration with Adidas to go on sale later this week.
Samsung is collaborating with Adidas for a new Galaxy Buds Pro Adidas Originals Special Pack, which will be up for …