According to Nokia they will be doing away with Ovi Contacts next month:
We will be discontinuing access to the Ovi Contacts website as of January 24, 2012. Contacts on your Nokia phone will not be affected, and you can continue syncing and backing up your data normally. In other words, you’ll still be able to use and back up your contacts on your Nokia phone: the only change will be that web access to your contacts on ovi.com will no longer be available.
Now I have never used Ovi Contacts but I would think that there are more than a few of you out there that do and this would be a little inconvenient. You are probably wondering what you should do next.
First thing to do is make sure you get that contact information to your computer somewhere so you don’t lose any info.
Second, perhaps you would like to transfer those contacts to another service (Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Yahoo! Mail, gMail, etc…) Here are the instructions Nokia gives for doing just that.
- Visit contactsui.ovi.com from your personal computer.
- Login to your Ovi account.
- Click the green button below the message text.
- Save the file to your local drive (take a note of the folder you put it in).
- Click on the file to review and access your data file
- Your contact data is in .csv format.
- Once you have selected an alternate contact service, follow their import instructions.
- When you asked to select a file for import, select to your Ovi Contact data file.
Still have questions? You can visit Nokia support pages to get some answers.
Via: Nokia Conversations