Every once in a while you need to get something done on your phone (aka soft reset, hard reset etc..) and you need a code but you don’t know what they are…..
So here is a guide to the most useful ones. Using the hard/soft reset codes will cause loss of information so be sure to do a back up BEFORE using these.
- *#0000# – Shows software/firmware version update OTA. You can check the software version of your phone and update it too. To update simply choose options and than check for updates.
- *#06# – It tells the IMEI number of your Nokia mobile phone. The IMEI ( International Mobile Equipment Identity) number of each phone is different, its like finger print, different for each and every mobile phone.
- *#7780# – Soft Reset Code, It will ask for the lock code. The default lock code is 12345.
- *#7370# – Hard Reset Code, on entering this code it will show you the same message as the soft reset code “Restore all original phone settings” but this time it will erase all the data stored in the phone memory. You will need to do a complete back up in your OVI Suite BEFORE you do this.
- *#2820# – Bluetooth device address for manually connecting to a bluetooth device.
- *#92702689# – Life Timer, shows total outgoing call minutes till date.
There are a ton of other codes that are out there that may or may not harm your phone. These codes that are listed, I have used and are safe. If you want some of the untested codes click here but you have been warned.
More from Miscellaneous
There is a discussion going on Twitter about Oculus. John Carmack shares his views over the possibilities of upcoming 120Hz …