If you have a Symbian phone that you use for business, listen up!! During the fourth quarter of this year you’ll be able to start up the Software Update app from within your phone and find the following free apps:
- Microsoft® Lync™ 2010 Mobile – for cost efficient IM, presence, audio and web meetings on-the-go.
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® Broadcast – quick broadcast of presentations directly from PC to mobile.
- Microsoft® OneNote™ – rich note taking with images. Syncs with Microsoft® SkyDrive®.
- Microsoft® Document Connection – single view to documents stored on mobile, including email attachments as well as documents on Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 sites.
If that wasn’t enough, a second update in early 2012 will add:
- Microsoft OneNote sync with SharePoint (in addition to SkyDrive)
as well as adding Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as native applications for the first time outside the Windows platform.
So it looks like Nokia was not just giving lip service to Symbian when they stated they will support it till 2016. This is huge news…especially if you are business user who just bought an E6.